header-photo

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Rainy Days

When it rains the only thing i want to do is to curl up with a book and a steaming cup of coffee. But today i did something different. I sat on my favourite recliner from where i can peer at the world outside. I gazed at the rain , the sky and the greenery that comes alive once the rain stops.
I played Suttum Vizhi Sudar Than in my laptop and it was perfect.

I have always had a strong fascination for Bharathiyaar songs and this one tops the list. There is something incredibly romantic and mystic about the way the song ends - Maruva Kathal Kondaen, it makes me wonder what was running on his mind when he penned these words.

As i watched the rain, i wondered if there was a way one could wash away the pain and the unwanted memories we had in our lives. Was it as simple as taking a bath and absolving all those sins or does it always require deep introspection. When the greenery comes alive and gushes emerald at me, i wonder do we also feel deeply rejunevated when the past fades away and there is only hope for the future and the joy of the present.

Rain drops and Bharathi are a heady combination, even better than books and coffee.

0 comments: